VP - Data Science
There is no better time to move to Soldo! After recent funding, we will be doubling our size in the next 5 months which means we have some fantastic opportunities for those intrigued by the FinTech industry. We are looking to develop our technology team in London, to complement an established Italian team.
We're looking for a VP of Data Science reporting directly to the CTO. You'll have the opportunity to build a small team and lead the discovery of solutions hidden in large data sets. Using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, creating algorithms and running simulations to improve business outcomes.
What are the key parts of the role?
You'll establish data science best practices in the team and support the end-to-end consulting lifecycle from high-level business case development and opportunity identification to fine-tuning of assumptions and solution valuations. Other core responsibilities include:
- Build and manage a team of business intelligence and data science specialists.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify BI output in terms of KPI, metrics, ETL, reports
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be leader and have experience working in a collaborative environment following an Agile Methodology and have a genuine interest and passion for the technologies they use. They will also be joining an agile, international and innovative technical team who continuously keep the platforms up to date with the state-of-art technology and build industry leading systems across the cloud.
We have a full job description available, but to give you an idea of what makes a successful Back End Developer at Soldo we have noted down some key skills:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc, and strong proficiency in the Python data ecosystem including for Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Previously worked with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using at least one of the following: Tableau (preferred), Periscope and Looker
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with us by applying for this role. We will be delighted to hear from you.